We encourage all 7th and 8th graders to come visit and experience a day in the life of an FGR student. Visiting students have the opportunity to request be paired with a current FGR student they know or someone that shares similar interests. This is a great way to become familiar with the school, meet students and teachers, and discover the exciting things taking place at FGR!
HELPFUL NOTES ABOUT YOUR SHADOW DAY
- Arrive by 7:45 a.m. in our Main Office: School begins at 7:55 a.m. and you need time to meet your Student Ambassador.
- Pick-up time is 3 p.m.: Parents can meet their child in the parking lot or our Main Office, whatever you prefer!
What to Wear
- Current school uniform: (if your student has one).
- Anything similar to our FGR uniform: (i.e. solid polo, skirt, khakis or neutral-colored pants).
- “Dress Down” Days: Some Fridays are “Dress Down” days at FGR. These are optional and often a fundraiser for a particular school group (e.g., for a $2 donation at the door, students are allowed to wear jeans). Dress-down days are FREE for all shadowing students! Check our calendar to find out if your Shadow Day is a Dress Down day.
What to Eat
- Regular Lunch Day: Please pack a lunch as we do not offer hot lunches.
- Snacks: There are sandwiches and snacks in the vending machines for student use.
- Pizza Lunch Day: We often offer Pizza Lunch on Fridays for $1/slice to benefit various student organizations. Pizza is FREE for all shadowing students! Check our calendar to find out if Pizza Lunch is being served the day of your visit.
What to Bring
- (1) Your Lunch
- (2) Book to read or something to work on: in case your Student Ambassador has a quiz in a particular class.
- Shadowing begins: Oct 3—Register online today!
- Schedule a tour: Register online for Welcome Wednesday tours or tour upon request.
- Apply to FGR: Click Here to apply today! (Application is due Dec. 7)