A Graduate of FGR Must Fulfill These Requirements.
For course requirements by grade level please see this document.
Students are required to complete a general college-prep program consisting of 27 course credits, including Theology, each semester. The requirements for graduation are:
- English – 4 credits
- Composition/Western Literature
- Composition/American Literary Voices
- Composition/Modern British Literature
- Composition/Senior Literature Elective
- Advanced Placement Literature
- Fine Arts – 1 credit
- World Language – 2 credits
- Two years of instruction in the same language
- Physical Education – 1 credit
- Sports and Recreation
- One season of interscholastic sports may count as partial PE requirement
- Mathematics – 4 credits*
- Algebra I, Geometry, and Algebra II are required
- Students can take tests to bypass these classes
- If students bypass classes, they will take upper level classes to get to 4 math credits
- Science – 3 credits
- Biology and either Chemistry or Physics are required
- Social Studies – 3 credits
- Ancient and Modern Western Civilization
- American History
- American Government
- Theology – 4 credits
- Electives – 5 credits
- Kairos retreat – 1 attendance
- Christian Service – 48 Hours
- Students must log 12 hours of service every year.
- Six hours must be corporal works of mercy (direct contact with the sick, elderly, or disabled)
- Six can be any general type of hours (filing, cleaning a church, vacation bible school, etc.)
*Classes of 2022 and 2023 are only required to take 3 credits of mathematics for a total of 26 credits overall.