VISIT FOR A DAY
Come Shadow at FGR!
We invite all 7th and 8th graders to come visit and experience a day in the life of an FGR student. First Semester (October through December) is reserved for 8th grade shadows only. Second Semester (January through April) is open for either 7th or 8th grade shadows. Visiting students will be paired with one of our trained Student Ambassadors who shares similar interests. This is a great way to become familiar with the school, meet students and teachers, and discover the exciting things taking place at FGR!
Click here to schedule your Shadow Day.
Helpful Notes about Your Shadow Day
- Arrive by 7:45 am in our Main Office: School begins at 7:55 am and you will need time to meet your student ambassador.
- Parents are invited to tour the school at the beginning or end of the day. Please indicate on your sign up form if you will stay for a tour.
- Pick-up time is 2:50 pm on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays, and 2:05 pm on Tuesdays. Parents can meet their child in the parking lot (or our main office, if you are touring.)
- A reminder email will be sent prior to your scheduled day.
What to Wear
- Current school uniform, if your student has one.
- Anything similar to our FGR uniform, i.e. solid polo, skirt, khakis or neutral-colored pants.
- Certain designated Fridays are “Dress Down” days which are optional and often a fundraiser for a particular school group. On these days, students are allowed to wear jeans. Dress-down days are FREE for all shadowing students! Contact us or check our calendar to find out if your Shadow Day is a Dress Down day.
What to Eat
- Please bring your own bagged lunch.
- Snacks – Additional snacks and beverage will be provided.
What to Bring
- Please bring a book to read or something to work on in case your student ambassador has a quiz in a particular class.
- You may bring modest shorts and a t-shirt in case your student ambassador has Conditioning or Sports and Recreation class.
- Shadowing takes place each school year from October – May. Click here to schedule a Shadow Day.
- Schedule a tour: If you would like to tour the school when picking up your student, please arrange this ahead of time by contacting Admissions at 734-929-6988 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Apply to FGR: Click here to apply today! (Applications are accepted as long as space permits.)
Mary Vangieson, Director of Admissions
Matthew Labbé, Assistant to the Director of Admissions