VISIT FOR A DAY
Come Shadow at FGR!
We invite all 7th and 8th graders to come visit and experience a day in the life of an FGR student. Visiting students will be paired with one of our trained Student Ambassadors who shares similar interests. This is a great way to become familiar with the school, meet students and teachers, and discover the exciting things taking place at FGR!
Helpful Notes About Your Shadow Day
- Arrive by 7:45 a.m. in our Main Office: School begins at 7:55 a.m. and you will need time to meet your Student Ambassador.
- Parents are invited to stay for a tour & coffee with a parent ambassador.
- Pick-up time is 3 p.m. Parents can meet their child in the parking lot or our Main Office, whatever you prefer!
- A reminder email will be sent prior to your scheduled day.
What to Wear
- Current school uniform, if your student has one.
- Anything similar to our FGR uniform, i.e. solid polo, skirt, khakis or neutral-colored pants.
- Certain designated Fridays are “Dress Down” days which are optional and often a fundraiser for a particular school group. On these days, students are allowed to wear jeans. Dress-down days are FREE for all shadowing students! Contact us or check our calendar to find out if your Shadow Day is a Dress Down day.
What to Eat
- Regular Lunch Day – A boxed lunch will be provided for all shadow students. Please let us know if your student has any dietary restrictions.
- Snacks – There are sandwiches and snacks in the vending machines for student use.
- Pizza Lunch Day – We often offer Pizza Lunch on Fridays to benefit various student organizations. Pizza is FREE for all shadowing students on these days.
What to Bring
- Book to read or something to work on in case your Student Ambassador has a quiz in a particular class.
- Shadowing begins: Oct 3—Register online today!
- Schedule a tour: Contact us at 734.929.6988
- Apply to FGR: Click Here to apply today! (Application is due December 5, 2018.)
Mary Vangieson, Director of Admissions
Sr. Rachel Benjamin, Admissions Assistant