VISIT FOR A DAY
Come Shadow at FGR!
We invite all 7th and 8th graders to come visit and experience a day in the life of an FGR student. Visiting students will be paired with one of our trained Student Ambassadors who shares similar interests. This is a great way to become familiar with the school, meet students and teachers, and discover the exciting things taking place at FGR!
Click here to schedule your Shadow Day.
Helpful Notes About Your Shadow Day
- Arrive by 7:45 am in our Main Office: School begins at 7:55 am and you will need time to meet your student ambassador.
- Parents are invited to tour the school at the beginning or end of the day.
- Pick-up time is 3 pm Parents can meet their child in the parking lot or our Main Office, whichever you prefer!
- A reminder email will be sent prior to your scheduled day.
What to Wear
- Current school uniform, if your student has one.
- Anything similar to our FGR uniform, i.e. solid polo, skirt, khakis or neutral-colored pants.
- Certain designated Fridays are “Dress Down” days which are optional and often a fundraiser for a particular school group. On these days, students are allowed to wear jeans. Dress-down days are FREE for all shadowing students! Contact us or check our calendar to find out if your Shadow Day is a Dress Down day.
What to Eat
- Regular Lunch Day – A boxed lunch will be provided for all shadow students. Please let us know if your student has any dietary restrictions.
- Snacks – There are sandwiches and snacks in the vending machines for student use.
- Pizza Lunch Day – We often offer Pizza Lunch on Fridays to benefit various student organizations. Pizza is FREE for all shadowing students on these days.
What to Bring
- Book to read or something to work on in case your student ambassador has a quiz in a particular class.
- Modest shorts and a t-shirt in case your student ambassador has Conditioning or Sports and Recreation class.
- Shadowing takes place each school year from October – May. Click here to schedule a Shadow Day.
- Schedule a tour: If you would like to tour the school, please contact Admissions at 734-929-6988 or email@example.com.
- Apply to FGR: Click Here to apply today! (Application are accepted as long as space permits.)
Mary Vangieson, Director of Admissions
Malia Gabel, Assistant to the Director of Admissions